Thursday, April 9, 2015

Refinished Old Stool Roars to Life

I always try to take photo of my projects before and after. Most times I'm so excited to get started, I forget, but here's the before of a Tiger Stool.....

I found this old, beat up stool in the shed at Artfully Repurposed and knew I had to paint it.

After giving the whole thing a good sanding (and wipe down with a damp cloth to remove the sanding dust), I spray painted the whole thing black.

It dried over night and I started painting. Using white paint, I blocked out the lighter areas and eyes. Then I painted the eyes, nose and ears just to get some perspective. The rest was layered in white, orange (with some yellow for highlights), and black.

Since I layered on the paint thicker in some places I let this dry for a week before spraying it with a high gloss acrylic spray.  Again I used several coats of sealer so it would hold up to some wear and tear and butts...if anyone actually wanted to sit on his little face.

This item went up for sale at Artfully Repurposed in Middletown, NJ.





No comments:

Post a Comment