Saturday, April 11, 2015

Quick & Easy Table Redo

Found this old, scratched up table in the Artfully Repurposed supply shed. I love Peacocks and thought it might be a challenged to paint one on a piece of furniture.

Structurally sound, I gave the table a good sanding and wiped it down with a damp cloth.

Spray Paint time!

I dragged the table outside. Three light coats of light blue spray paint went on the table. Let dry for a few hours between coats.

Tip: When working with spray paint keep the coats light. Layering on several light coats will go on smoother, heavy coats tend to drip. Keep a damp cloth in one hand to give any drips a quick wipe.

The next day I sketched out the peacock with chalk and started at the head, working my way down. I knew the tail feathers would be a challenge, but wanted them to get a little wild. I painted the "eye" of each tail feather first then just layered in some feather lines to fluff it out.

Inside the drawer there was one place where the wood was marred. I sanded it down but it still needed to be covered up. One lonely peacock feather was painted over the spot.
And there's the table! I put it up for sale at Artfully Repuposed in Middletown, NJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment