Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Artist Reality Show Needed

I watch shows like I Brake for Yard Sales, Flea Market Flip, and Love it or List it. I loved White Room Challenge but I'm not sure its on any more. All I see is reruns. America's Next Great Artist was awesome too, but its gone. :(

So here's a show I'd love to see; Artists Take My Room!

In this reality show homeowners surrender one room in their home to an artist and lets them use their art skills and talent to re-imagine it.

Take 3 or 4 artists, they each get a room in a different home and a crew to help with the work. Maybe a half hour to interview the family and then create something that matches the family's personality. They they go to town with whatever art technique they want redoing walls, floors, furniture, window treatments, etc. These have to be artists, preferably those who use more than one medium, and not designers.

Let it be a competition and have some artist judges? Or just let the homeowners have their say at the end?

I wanted to pitch this to HGTV but they don't take ideas from lay people.

Can you imagine having a while room, furniture and everything as your canvas?
I get excited just thinking about it!

What do you think? Would you let an Artist Take Your Room?


No comments:

Post a Comment