Thursday, December 3, 2015

Grounds for Sculpture

 My cousin clued me in to Grounds for Sculpture in Hamilton, New Jersey.

This place was amazing. Started by artist, Seward Johnson in 1984, it is an interactive museum where you can walk among these life size and larger sculptures.

A great place to bring the kids where they can see and touch pieces of art history and discover new artists. Most of the sculptures here are reproductions of famous paintings or images. Seeing them life size with so much detail will amaze you. I know it did me! We had a wonderful time walking around these great works of art and goofing for the camera.

I can't write enough to explain the visual excitement of this place so I'll let the photos do the talking. See how many of these sculptures you recognize from the original famous works.
Enjoy!







Monet's Waterlilies.  



Seward Johnson's 9/11 sculpture
Grounds for Sculpture is also home to a flock of peacocks that wander by while you're taking in the art. This was a real live white peacocks. 
Go visit the peacocks at Grounds for Sculpture and tell them I'll be back! 


No comments:

Post a Comment