Monday, August 26, 2019

Painting at Pinot's Palette in Largo!

Okay, maybe I stepped outside of the box when we painted at Pinot's Palette in Largo, Florida. The original painting was a little more beige and lion like.  I love color! I add it to almost all of my artwork if left to my own devices.

With Roar! That's the name of the lion at Pinot's Palette, I just infused a little more color in the mane and okay, I got carried away.

I named him Rainbow!

Another place I went a little crazy was his eyes. I love animals with those big soulful eyes so I just had to make his pop a bit. First nice big pupils. Then I added a little swash of green to the yellow eyes to make them have a touch of realism. I mean no one's eyes are a solid color. They all have some other bits mixed in. Last, of course, was those little dots of white for light. I used the opposite end of the brush to just make a couple little dots.

All in all with a little wine (Moscato!) and a great instructor we painted this lion in about 2 hours.  One of the best things was that everyone in the class painted their lion just a little different. Same lion with different styles. All beautiful.

Rainbow now hangs in my office and stares at everyone who walks through the door. :)

Anyone else paint at Pinot's Palette? Post your art! I'd love to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment